The prices are in Swiss francs
|Participant type||Early |
until April 30.
until August 31.
From September 1.
|Non ICOM members||310||360||380|
Tickets include :
- access to all the sessions
- lunch from Monday September 21 to Thursday September 24
- visits and receptions in the evening.
Tickets do not include:
- the closing gala on September 24
- the excursions on September 25.
More details on the closing gala and excursions will be communicated as soon as possible.
The canton of Geneva offers a wide variety of accommodation such as:
- Residential homes
- Youth hostels
- Bed and breakfast
You will find a non-exhaustive list of possible accommodations on the Geneva Tourism website:
In addition, the following rates have been negotiated for CIDOC participants until the dates mentioned below. Thereafter, conditions will be subject to availability.
|Hotel||Single / Double||Price per night in Swiss francs, 19-25 September, breakfast and taxes incl.||Deadline||For booking|
|Hôtel des Tourelles||Single room||CHF firstname.lastname@example.org||Code : MAH-CIDOC 2020|
|Hôtel des Tourelles||Double room||CHF email@example.com||Code : MAH-CIDOC 2020|
|Bel'Espérance ***||Small single room||CHF firstname.lastname@example.org||Code : MAH-CIDOC 2020|
|Bel'Espérance ***||Double room||CHF email@example.com||Code : MAH-CIDOC 2020|
|Le Prince||Small single room||CHF firstname.lastname@example.org||Code : CIDOC|
|Le Prince||Double room||CHF email@example.com||Code : CIDOC|
|Ibis budget Palexpo *||Single room||CHF 113 (week-end rate) / CHF 173 (weekly rate)||20.08.2020||-||Registration Form|
|Ibis budget Palexpo *||Double room||CHF 128 (week-end rate) / CHF 188 (weekly rate)||20.08.2020||-||Registration Form|
|Ibis budget Aéroport *||Single room||CHF 113 (week-end rate) / CHF 173 (weekly rate)||18.08.2020||-||Registration Form|
|Ibis budget Aéroport *||Double room||CHF 128 (week-end rate) / CHF 188 (weekly rate)||18.08.2020||-||Registration Form|
|Ramada ***||Single room||CHF 157 (19 + 24 sept) / CHF 203 (20 through 23 sept)||19.08.2020||-||Registration Form|
|Ramada ***||Double room||CHF 184 (19 + 24 sept) / CHF 230 (20 through 23 sept)||19.08.2020||-||Registration Form|
You may also book a room without breakfast.
Please be aware that:
- Geneva is an international city that hosts a variety of large-scale events and activities during the month of September. As a result, we strongly recommend you make arrangements for your accommodation as early as possible. Room cancellation policies are often fairly flexible. Once you have chosen a hotel, feel free to inquire about their cancellation policy.
- You will find a variety of AirBnB options to suit any budget. Please visit: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/. Flats advertised on AirBnB are usually booked early as well, so please be sure to make arrangements for suitable accommodation as early as possible.
- Public transportation in Geneva is very reliable and convenient. If you fly in through Geneva airport, you can request a free ticket for transfer from the airport, valid for 80 minutes. The ticket machine is located in the baggage reclaim hall. If you are staying in a hotel or hostel located within the Canton of Geneva, you will receive a “Geneva Transport Card” free of charge. This card will be delivered to you by the hotel where you are staying upon checking in. The card gives unlimited access to the Geneva public transport system within zone 10 (buses (TPG), trains (CFF) and boats (Mouettes)) for the entire duration of your stay.
The recently opened CEVA (Cornavin-Eaux-Vives-Annemasse) line offers convenient connections with the French railway network. These connections provide a wider number of options for accommodation in proximity to Geneva, while also ensuring swift access to the city centre. For instance, you may find affordable hotel options in Annemasse, especially around the train station. Annemasse is a small French town on the border with Switzerland, lying just 20 minutes away by train (Léman Express, cross-border RER) from Geneva’s Rive area, where the Museum of Art and History is located.
How to reach Geneva?
More than 50 European and international airlines serve Geneva airport, with around 142 direct flights daily, including a number of low-cost flights
Geneva has two train stations, one at the airport and one in the city centre (Cornavin), both serving destinations in Switzerland and Europe
Geneva is easily accessible by car. Public car parks are available throughout the city. However, be aware that rates are fairly expensive. Some hotels also have car parks available for their guests.
How to get around in Geneva?
If you are staying in a hotel, a hostel or a camping park located within the Canton of Geneva, you will receive the “Geneva Transport Card” free of charge. The card gives free access to all public transport services in Geneva for the entire duration of your stay.
For more information about Geneva, please visit the Geneva Tourism website https://www.geneve.com/fr/
• Taxis, UBER and other shuttle services are available throughout the entire Canton of Geneva. However, fares can be fairly expensive. Furthermore, roads can become quite busy during rush hours resulting in slower traffic.
• Visa: Geneva is located in Switzerland. Please make sure to check whether you need a visa to be allowed entry into the country. Depending on your citizenship and whether or not you are planning on staying in a hotel in France, rules may differ. Please enquire about the necessary formalities.
Information on stays in Switzerland